To: The News Media
From: Lt. Michael H, Higgins, Division of Police
Subject: Christmas Traffic Enforcement
The Mansfield Division of Police Urges Motorists
To Buckle Up Every Trip, Every Time,
This Christmas Season
With the approach of the Holidays, driving safety becomes even more important. As motorists travel from one destination to another the potential for unexpected crashes increases due to holiday pressures and the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
Over the next two weeks, The Mansfield Division of Police will participate in High Visibility Traffic Enforcement. This traffic enforcement program will target high crash areas throughout the city and focus on OVI and seatbelt violation. Officers will also enforce speed and other violations that contribute to crashes during winter weather.
The Mansfield Division of Police would like to remind motorists to follow a few simple rules:
- Make sure everyone is buckled up. Every time, all the time.
- Don’t drink and drive. Don’t allow someone who has been drinking to drive, and don’t ride with someone who has been drinking.
- If a friend has been drinking, take his/her keys and call a cab.
- If you see someone who is driving impaired, report it.
- Drive responsibly. A momentary lapse could result in a lifetime of regret.
“I urge everyone driving on our state’s roads this holiday period to drive carefully, don’t drive impaired and, most importantly, buckle up each and every trip, night or day,” said Lt. Higgins of the Mansfield Division of Police Traffic Section.
Lt. Michael H, Higgins
The Mansfield Division of Police